Creating a Facebook Page is the fastest and easiest way to get started using Social Media for your business. Here’s an overview of benefits.
Che Brown of Partners in Learning will be interviewing Linda Schenk for his weekly Partner Program. Linda will be sharing her expertise on the topic of “How to Use Social Media To Grow Your Business: Get Started with a Facebook Fan Page“.
Key points from the call include:
“Golden Rules” for using Social Media
- Approach people politely.
- Have a conversation, not a monologue.
- Add value to the conversation.
- LISTEN FIRST: Establish trust & confidence before you start selling.
- Be authentic, transparent & worth knowing.
- Share your knowledge freely.
- Popular social media sites: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Many people are already using Facebook for a personal connection. Facebook Fan pages and Groups allow businesses to tap into this powerful network.
- Do not recommend a personal profile for business – best to keep a line between personal and professional
- Fan Pages are a quick way for businesses to get started on Facebook
Fan Page Overview
- Paid target advertising – inexpensive and cross-promoted to Facebook network
- Each tab is a unique URLand landing page
- Great for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Target specific audiences: new contacts v. current fans
- Discussion boards & threaded comments
- “Insights” – Analyze demographics and “post quality”
- Favorite features:
- Pull in your blog and/or status updates from other social media sites
- FBML – Customization of tabs to add HTML for opt-in boxes and other promotions
- Link with LinkedIn and Twitter profiles
- YouTube videos
How to Get Started
- UNDERSTAND THE BIG PICTURE – Visit www.socialmediaworks.net and sign up for our newsletter and receive 3 FREE Overview guides on using Social Media for business. This will give you a good foundation before jumping in.
- FAN PAGE CREATION – Social Media Works can create & customize your Fan page.
About Che Brown & Partners in Learning
Partners in Learning is considered the Sales University for sales professionals who want to build their selling skills, refresh and improve their selling techniques and use language to comfortably move people to action on every sales presentation for the rest of their life.
Che can help you double your sales by improving your selling skills. He is a sales and personal development coach. He helps people make sales with less effort. He can help you expand comfort zones, generate leads, set appointments or close deals to increase your cash reserves and have peace of mind.
- CONNECT WITH CHE BROWN at his Facebook Fan Page
Virtuallinda (Linda Schenk)
Latest posts by Virtuallinda (Linda Schenk) (see all)
- Easy Ways To Find Ideal Prospects - June 15, 2014
- 11 Ways to Get Focused to Ease Stress & Boost Your Business Profits - June 8, 2014
- 10 Easy Steps to Setup Your Email List [INFOGRAPHIC] - May 15, 2014
- Hold the Vision, Trust the Process of Building Your Business - May 10, 2014
- Touch Base with 3 of Your Contacts Every Week - May 2, 2014