Still thinking Social Media is a Fad?
- 20 hours of video uploaded every minute onto YouTube (source YouTube blog Aug 09)
- Facebook 600k new members per day, and photos, videos per month, 700mill & 4 mill respectively (source Inside Facebook Feb 09)
- Twitter 18 million new users per year & 4 million tweets sent daily (source TechCrunch Apr 09)
- iPolicy UK – SMS messaging has a bright future (Aug 09)
- 900 000 blogs posts put up every day (source Technorati State of the Blogosphere 2008)
- YouTube daily, 96 million videos watched, $1mill bandwidth costs (source Comscore Jul 06 !)
- UPDATE: YouTube 1Billion watched per day SMH (2009)- counter updated!
- Second Life 250k virtual goods made daily, text messages 1250 per second (source Linden Lab release Sep 09)
- Money – $5.5 billion on virtual goods (casual & game worlds) even Facebooks gifts make $70 million annually (source Viximo Aug 09)
- Flickr has 73 million visitors a month who upload 700 million photos (source Yahoo Mar 09)
- Mobile social network subscribers – 92.5 million at the end of 2008, by end of 2013 rising to between 641.6-873.1 million or 132 mill annually (source Informa PDF)
- SMS – Over 2.3 trillion messages will be sent across major markets worldwide in 2008 (source Everysingleoneofus sms statistics)
- Flash and stats from Gary’s Social Media stats
- Link to the stats from @DMASocialMedia on Twitter. SEE… you can find great info on Twitter!!
Virtuallinda (Linda Schenk)
Latest posts by Virtuallinda (Linda Schenk) (see all)
- B’More Business Women’s Connections - January 31, 2016
- B’More Entreprenuers - January 31, 2016
- Business Opportunities for Women - January 30, 2016
- Beat the Statistics – Top 10 Reasons Why Most New Businesses Will Fail - October 24, 2015
- The 5 Essential Skills of a Master Communicator [INFOGRAPHIC] - October 21, 2015