Still thinking Social Media is a Fad?
- 20 hours of video uploaded every minute onto YouTube (source YouTube blog Aug 09)
- Facebook 600k new members per day, and photos, videos per month, 700mill & 4 mill respectively (source Inside Facebook Feb 09)
- Twitter 18 million new users per year & 4 million tweets sent daily (source TechCrunch Apr 09)
- iPolicy UK – SMS messaging has a bright future (Aug 09)
- 900 000 blogs posts put up every day (source Technorati State of the Blogosphere 2008)
- YouTube daily, 96 million videos watched, $1mill bandwidth costs (source Comscore Jul 06 !)
- UPDATE: YouTube 1Billion watched per day SMH (2009)- counter updated!
- Second Life 250k virtual goods made daily, text messages 1250 per second (source Linden Lab release Sep 09)
- Money – $5.5 billion on virtual goods (casual & game worlds) even Facebooks gifts make $70 million annually (source Viximo Aug 09)
- Flickr has 73 million visitors a month who upload 700 million photos (source Yahoo Mar 09)
- Mobile social network subscribers – 92.5 million at the end of 2008, by end of 2013 rising to between 641.6-873.1 million or 132 mill annually (source Informa PDF)
- SMS – Over 2.3 trillion messages will be sent across major markets worldwide in 2008 (source Everysingleoneofus sms statistics)
- Flash and stats from Gary’s Social Media stats
- Link to the stats from @DMASocialMedia on Twitter. SEE… you can find great info on Twitter!!
Virtuallinda (Linda Schenk)
Latest posts by Virtuallinda (Linda Schenk) (see all)
- Easy Ways To Find Ideal Prospects - June 15, 2014
- 11 Ways to Get Focused to Ease Stress & Boost Your Business Profits - June 8, 2014
- 10 Easy Steps to Setup Your Email List [INFOGRAPHIC] - May 15, 2014
- Hold the Vision, Trust the Process of Building Your Business - May 10, 2014
- Touch Base with 3 of Your Contacts Every Week - May 2, 2014