Still thinking Social Media is a Fad?
- 20 hours of video uploaded every minute onto YouTube (source YouTube blog Aug 09)
- Facebook 600k new members per day, and photos, videos per month, 700mill & 4 mill respectively (source Inside Facebook Feb 09)
- Twitter 18 million new users per year & 4 million tweets sent daily (source TechCrunch Apr 09)
- iPolicy UK – SMS messaging has a bright future (Aug 09)
- 900 000 blogs posts put up every day (source Technorati State of the Blogosphere 2008)
- YouTube daily, 96 million videos watched, $1mill bandwidth costs (source Comscore Jul 06 !)
- UPDATE: YouTube 1Billion watched per day SMH (2009)- counter updated!
- Second Life 250k virtual goods made daily, text messages 1250 per second (source Linden Lab release Sep 09)
- Money – $5.5 billion on virtual goods (casual & game worlds) even Facebooks gifts make $70 million annually (source Viximo Aug 09)
- Flickr has 73 million visitors a month who upload 700 million photos (source Yahoo Mar 09)
- Mobile social network subscribers – 92.5 million at the end of 2008, by end of 2013 rising to between 641.6-873.1 million or 132 mill annually (source Informa PDF)
- SMS – Over 2.3 trillion messages will be sent across major markets worldwide in 2008 (source Everysingleoneofus sms statistics)
- Flash and stats from Gary’s Social Media stats
- Link to the stats from @DMASocialMedia on Twitter. SEE… you can find great info on Twitter!!
The following two tabs change content below.
Virtuallinda (Linda Schenk)
I work with highly-motivated coaches, consultants and experts to turn scattered ideas into a profitable business model, brand identity and marketing message. Get started with my 7 Steps to Increase Profits & Reduce Overwhelm »
Latest posts by Virtuallinda (Linda Schenk) (see all)
- Easy Ways To Find Ideal Prospects - October 28, 2014
- Why Ideal Client Profiles are Key to Your Marketing - October 20, 2014
- How to Refine Your Ideal Client Profile with Sales Conversations - October 5, 2014
- 7 Steps to Increase Profits & Reduce Overwhelm - September 21, 2014
- Use Multiple Google Calendars to “Make Room” for Your Business & Life Priorities - September 20, 2014