DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in my posts are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you like my recommendation and then click through and make a purchase. Details...
As a busy entrepreneur, you need to find ways to save time, money & energy. This doesn’t always mean hiring a person to help.
You can also use one of my favorite tools, Plan To Eat! It makes it easy to organize your recipes, plan meals, and make grocery lists!
After a long day working, the last thing I want to do is cook or shop. So quite often, we would find up eating unhealthy food, or spending money on carry-outs. Plan To Eat has changed the way I do meal planning (along with my crockpot).
I’m not naturally organized, I just had a desire to get control over my food planning and spend less time and money. I also wanted to learn how to cook. Plan to Eat is like a game to me, so it’s fun to use. Even if I drop off from using it for a while, I can pick it right back up, and add to the system that I started.
There are days when I forget to plan ahead, but I can pull up the app on my phone in the parking lot of the grocery store and quickly plan some meals, make a list, and get back on track.
It also makes it easier to split the effort with other family members. My husband loves the system that I set up. He can explore the recipes, add them to the calendar, do grocery shopping, and cook (which he’s better at than me!) When he helps with a few of the steps we both feel engaged and motivated to keep using it. (Yes, I’m very lucky that he does this!!)
However, you do need to know what to ask people to do if you are going to get help. Otherwise, you’ll stay in that state of overwhelm. Plan to Eat creates a repeatable system to make it easier for other people to help you! You could outsource some of these steps to your kids or hired help or a grocery shopping service, too.
I have gained back a TON of time & saved money, which translates into MORE PROFIT. It also decreases my stress from not having to figure out a meal every day.
Features of Plan to Eat:
- Gather recipes from anywhere: websites, friends, or your personal collection
- Use the recipe clipper to collect recipes with one click from your favorite websites
- Organize and search for your recipes in a way that makes sense to you
- Drag and drop your recipes onto your meal planning calendar
- Plan to Eat will automatically make your grocery shopping list
- Print your grocery list or access it on your phone
- Customize your grocery list using the stores where you shop
- Use Freezer Meals to keep track of and plan frozen meals from your freezer
- Share recipes with your family, friends, or on your website
- Scale any recipe serving size up or down
- E-Mail recipes to family & friends
- Access your recipes, meal plan, and grocery list from any desktop, smartphone, or tablet
Add and organize recipes in Plan to Eat
Recipes can be added to your account from websites, cookbooks, recipe cards… or anywhere else!
Adding and deleting items from your shopping list
Working with shopping list items in Plan to Eat is easy. Most of it is automated, but we give you the tools to manually add and delete items.
Add recipes from your own collection
Many of us have been collecting recipes for years and have amassed cookbooks on our bookshelves and PDF and Word files on our hard drives. These recipes can be added to your Plan to Eat recipe book.
Track what’s in your freezer!
Before I used Plan to Eat, things would get lost forever in the freezer. I can’t use my brain power to remember what I stored away, or spend time with the door open & cold air pouring out to dig around to find things. My problem was solved with this feature. I make food, add it to the freezer inventory, then it’s ready to add to my calendar of planned meals. This technique allows you to maximize your food prep time because you are only doing it once for multiple meals, and gets you ahead of schedule with meals that are ready to eat in your freezer.
Hello Service-Based Entrepreneur,
I know it’s easy to get overwhelmed by reading blog posts full of ideas, tactics & tools. Be honest...
- How frustrated will you be trying to implement this on your own?
- How much time will you waste if it's not your next best step?
- Did you just take the time to read this but you won't make any changes?
- Or are you ready to take a small next step to build your brand?
Get clarity & your next step forward!
I'm here to help you with your marketing for the new normal & beyond. Let's talk about your options to work with me on a FREE 30-min call.
To your success,
Marketing Strategist & Designer
I offer a blend of 30+ years of expertise in marketing, websites, brand identity, strategy, tech solutions, and more. I work with service-based entrepreneurs to start & grow their brands. I use a practical and flexible approach to adjust to changes in your business & life. Toolkits & done-with-you planning create your strategy. Then add on other services for a custom solution.