DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in my posts are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you like my recommendation and then click through and make a purchase. Details...
Your files are backed up and you can even return to older versions or restore deleted files. Advanced tricks make it even more powerful as a tool for your business.
Dropbox is an online virtual storage utility that allows you to bring all your photos, documents and videos anywhere, and share them with other people in just a couple taps.
Dropbox is free for Windows, Mac and Linux that connects a desktop folder with access via a website and mobile phone application. You can pay for more storage space or get it by telling others about it.
Dropbox for Business
Dropbox has a admin console for teams, and business features like single sign-on for businesses. For users, SSO means ease — one fewer password to remember and one fewer step to get to your work. Once logged in to your system, there’s no need to sign in to Dropbox separately.Dropbox syncs your important work across all your devices. Your files are backed up and you can even return to older versions or restore deleted files. And getting started has never been simpler.
Tips and Tricks
- Send documents via email to Dropbox – www.sendtodropbox.com
- Send a document from a web link to your Dropbox – www.urldroplet.com
- Make Dropbox your default documents folder
- Upload your mobile photos
- Get as much free space as you can
- Keep your iTunes in sync
- Recover deleted files
- Upload mobile pictures automatically
- Enable two-step verification for extra security
- Share large files and folders easily
- Back up Facebook, Instagram and Flickr pictures
- Download torrents automatically
- Sync selectively
- Favorite a file for offline access
- Automatically back up your photos from your smartphone
- Make your Dropbox Documents folder your “My Documents” folder
- Star certain files on your smartphone or tablet for offline viewing or listening
- Back up your entire Android phone so you never lose anything
- Stream music from the cloud
- Share music and photos with friends
- If you have enough space, store your entire music library in Dropbox
- Send and receive large files using DROPitTOme
- Send email attachments automatically by enabling ‘send to Dropbox’.
- Back up your WordPress blog
- Host a website from your Dropbox
- Request files from individuals even if they don’t use Dropbox
- Protect your Dropbox files with BoxCryptor
- Read PDFs on your iPad through the iBooks app
- Use DropBox for version control
CREDIT: Business Insider
|Backup Box||Transfer files between two different cloud services such as Dropbox, Google Drive and Box|
|Dropbox Automator||Create your own ‘rules’ that help you automatically process files|
|BoxCryptor||Encrypt files before it is uploaded|
|Dropbox Folder Sync Addon||Sync folders outside of your Dropbox folder|
|MacDropAny||Mac version of Dropbox Folder Sync Addon and works the same|
|JotForm – Dropbox Forms||Send data from a website form to Dropbox|
|Dropboxifier||‘Trick’ application files to read and write to Dropbox|
|DropboxPortableAHK||Run Dropbox from your flash drive which means you can sync and have all your files with you on the go|
|DROPitTOme||Upload files directly to your Dropbox account|
|DropLink||Drag and drop from a Mac desktop folder to Dropbox|
|DropTunes||Stream your music files from Dropbox|
|DropVox||iPhone audio recording app to instantly uploads the files|
|Gimme Bar||Save images, text and even most videos to your Dropbox directly from a web browser|
|DropPages||Host a website with your Dropbox account|
|Automatically Print Documents with Dropbox||Visual Basic Script to send to a printer|
|IFTTT||Short for ‘If This Then That’. Create ‘Triggers’ and ‘Actions such as adding to Dropbox|
|KISSr||Free web hosting service that uses Dropbox|
|Otixo||Connected your services like Dropbox, SkyDrive, Box, or Google Drive|
|Scriptogr.am||Another simple web hosting service that uses Dropbox|
|Send to Dropbox||Free service that allows you to save your email attachments|
|sideCLOUDload||Handy way to get your files ready on your computer from your mobile device|
|Site44||Another web-hosting service, Site44 will give you the domain name username.site44.com|
|SortMyBox||Sorts out your Dropbox for you with ‘Rules’ created by you|
|Writebox||Simple online text editor that links to your Dropbox folder|
TAKE ACTION: Start using Dropbox to organize, backup and share your important files. Having a system like this in place as your business grows will increase your productivity!
Hello Service-Based Entrepreneur,
I know it’s easy to get overwhelmed by reading blog posts full of ideas, tactics & tools. Be honest...
- How frustrated will you be trying to implement this on your own?
- How much time will you waste if it's not your next best step?
- Did you just take the time to read this but you won't make any changes?
- Or are you ready to take a small next step to build your brand?
Get clarity & your next step forward!
I'm here to help you with your marketing for the new normal & beyond. Let's talk about your options to work with me on a FREE 30-min call.
To your success,
Marketing Strategist & Designer
I offer a blend of 30+ years of expertise in marketing, websites, brand identity, strategy, tech solutions, and more. I work with service-based entrepreneurs to start & grow their brands. I use a practical and flexible approach to adjust to changes in your business & life. Toolkits & done-with-you planning create your strategy. Then add on other services for a custom solution.